Friday, August 30, 2013

Nothin' but scraps

Today was spent clearing through the most narrow bits in my scrap box and I ended up with 21 cards for Operation Write Home!  I am so pleased with that and really proud to say the only sheets of cardstock I cut into were the black for the mats and the white for the sentiments and liners for the dark cards.   Even the card bases were from my previously cut papers.  I try to make sure anytime I have 8.5" x 5.5" pieces left from Cricut cuts, etc I set it aside to use for a base at some point.

I used the same design for all of the cards but used 4 different sentiments.  They were:
*"Remember....I love you" from Little Yellow Bicycle
*"Count your rainbows, not your thunderstorms" from Inkadinkadoo
*"Wishing you rainbows & sunshine" and my favorite "Take a moment to remember how special you are and how lucky the world is to have you in it" both from Papertrey Ink.

Really hope this isn't too many of the same design.  According to the OWH website, up to 30 non-holiday cards using the same design is acceptable.  If anyone knows if that info is inaccurate, please let me know.


Here's a pic of the cards.  It looks pretty crazy with all of them together....makes me a little dizzy actually.  Individually they really are a lot more tame!!


Hope everyone has a great weekend!  Happy Memorial Day to my fellow Americans!!

I love to read your comments so leave some love if you have a minute.

1 comment:

  1. Roberta, these are really cute and what a great way to clean out those scraps. I think I will have to follow in your footsteps here shortly as I am behind on Christmas cards! TFS
    Cara

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...