Sunday, September 1, 2013

Challenge #6 for the Virtual Card Making Party

Challenge #6 was hosted by Sybrina and was to do a card for a child using a tic-tac-toe board.

Here is the board:



Just like in the game, you had to form a straight line either horizontally, vertically or diagonally.  I chose diagonally starting at the upper left hand corner.  So I did 'things with wings,' 'punny sentiment,' and 'kid-friendly embellishments.'

Admittedly, I have posted a card very similar to this one before.  However...I love this little seahorse so much I just want to pinch his cheeks.  This is another example of the fine marriage between Cricut's Create a Critter and Peachy Keen stamps.

The sentiment stamp is actually from 2 separate Papertrey Ink sets.  I once again took my scissors to my stamps.  Doing that is so much easier for me than masking or just inking specific parts of a stamp.  I just don't do it after too many cups of coffee.....you need a steady hand.

You'll find this card and all of the others for Challenge #6 here.


PS:  A seahorse's dorsal fins look like wings to me so I'm giving myself a pass on this one.  Hope you agree!

2 comments:

  1. Roberta,

    This little seahorse if FABULOUS! I adore all the details on this little guy. This card is sure to bring a HUGE smile to a little one's face. Thanks so much for playing along with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable little seahorse and fin-tastic sentiment. I love puns!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...