Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Stamp 'n Doodle -- Christmas Friends

I'm here today to invite you to join in the fun at
for our brand new challenge.
The theme for this week is:
Christmas Friends.

With all of the Christmas cards being made right now, I expect to see lots of great entries this week.  Hopefully you'll be able to include one of your new projects.

This is the hilarious Stamp 'n Doodle image I used this week.
Don't you just love the looks on all 3 of those faces?

My sweet and very talented friend Gemma recently mentioned her new fascination with Zentangling.  I had to do a quick Google search to see what she was talking about!  Imagine my surprise when I found out that what I've always done while on the phone not only has a name but is an actual art form.....much more refined than my mindless little doodles but the same concept.

I decided to play with Zentangling (also called Zendoodling) a bit and became hooked!  There are a huge number of fantastic tutorials on the different strokes available.  The site that I've found most helpful is Tangle Patterns.  You can find dozens of step by step drawings and how to put the various patterns together.

Most Zentangles are left black and white.  Occasionally a bit of shading is added.  The ones that were colored really captured my attention.  I knew I would be pulling out the ProMarkers to see what I could do.  Since I also wanted to complete my DT project for this week's SnD challenge, I decided to combine the 2.

Because the Zentangle background became so bright and busy,
I colored to the image in black and white to really play up
the contrast between the 2 components.


I added a loop of cording from my stash so this can be used as
an ornament or added onto a wreath.
Who knows where this will wind up?  I don't!

You can find this ornament in the following challenges:

Bearly-Mine Challenges -- Traditional Christmas colors
Make It Monday -- Anything goes #167
My Craft Creations -- Anything goes
Stamps & Fun = Creativity -- Digistamp

All of us at Stamp 'n Doodle look forward to seeing your new Christmas Friends projects....good luck to all who enter!

Thanks, as always, for stopping by today!
Leave a comment about your own Zentangling...
I bet lots of you have done it without even realizing.





7 comments:

  1. This is soooo cool and fabulous. For someone that has only just discovered zentangle you already look like a pro! Can't wait to give it a go, have been meaning to for ages, thanks for the webby share too :) This truly is striking Roberta.
    Hugs
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous decoration Roberta..and love the fun image.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I just love the expressions on the girls' faces. Your zentagling is just amazing and I love how you have coloured it.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I said in our group. I love this Roberta :) the colours are great but the Zen work looks professionally done and not just doodled! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Roberta!! I agree the looks on their faces is just adorable. Love the zentangling. Amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so fantasic! Another thing I will have to get to and try! You have some great ideas! Hugs Julie xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, LOVE the image, Roberta! and your tangles ROCK! Especially in color. Haven't tried it but I sure think it's fab. xxD

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...